Layering and Toll Manufacturing
The layering process can combine up to seven materials, supplying the aggregate portion of a customer's refractory product recipe. This service can be advantageous for small production units who may have occasional issues with capacity, or where maintenance down time is unavoidable. The layered refractory recipes are supplied packaged as requested by the end customer.
Following on from layering, we have the ability to upscale the manufacture to finished refractory products. Our custom built facility in the UK houses a range of machinery for toll manufacturing of a number of refractory and non-refractory products. The machinery on site can process anything from coarse materials to fine powers, which can be mixed or blended. We can also package finished products in our customers own branded bags.
The products on site are processed to specific customer recipes under strict confidentiality guidelines.
The site also houses a storage area, capable of holding large amounts of material. This ensures larger batch runs at a cost benefit to the customer, which can be stored and called-off as required, preventing the need for storage at our customers site.
There are many cost and time saving advantages to utilising these services including:
- Large scale batches which all meet consistent and accurate recipes.
- Negates the need for on-site blending (for toll manufactured products)
- No surplus raw materials and subsequently less wastage
- Less storage space required as there is no need for separate raw material stocks
- Will ensure the delivery is fulfilled just- in-time if required