Sustainability is part of our business process already at start, we work with an integrated business and sustainability strategy. Below you will see our integrated business and sustainability objectives 2017-2021.
Our sustainability objectives for 2021:
- Return on Equity: >12 percent over a business cycle
- Growth Core products: 15 percent yearly
- High Quality and Customer Satisfaction: Quality index 99 percent. Implement OTIF
- Decrease Lost Time Accidents: Decrease to 0 LTA's per million hours worked until 2021 (2016: 1,7)
- Increase diversity:
- Increase share of women in leading positions from 30 percent (2016) to 35 percent (2021)
- Increase share of women in production from 3 percent (2016) to 10 percent (2021)
- Increase share of employees under the age of 35 from 24 percent (2016) to 33 percent (2021)
- LKAB's Code of Conduct: Shall be implemented
- A sustainable value chain: We have Code of Conducts, monitor and reduce risks for and in cooperation with our full Value Chain, from suppliers to customers.
- Decrease deposit of waste from production: Decrease with 80 percent to 2021 vs 2015.
- Increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE): 5% improvement per annum on individual plant OEE
- Decrease resource use in production: 6% per annum reduction in processing cost of conversion
- Decrease carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions: For dry bulk shipping with 20 percent weighted average per ton-distance to 2021 vs 2015